Monday, 5 September 2011

Swiss Pikemen - Vorhut

After a busy time with exams I have finished off my first block of 30 pike that will make of the Vorhut (van) of my force. The second banner is from the Canton of Lucerne, which along with Berne is also an urban Canton. Also shown are a handful of handgunners that will go towards a unit of 12 skirmishers to screen the pikes.


On the way from Perry Miniatures are some pikemen in attacking poses so that I can start assembling my next block of 30 pike for the Gewalthut (centre), as well as some Swiss heads to add some variety to the plastic troops. I also order a field gun and crew, based on some battle accounts in the Osprey Swiss at War 1300-1500 which describes the Swiss deploying a number of field pieces in later battles of the Burgundian Wars (possibly captured from Charles the Bold at Grandson).

I also got my hands on a copy of the armies of Chivalry supplement, so I can put together a list. If any WAB players have advice or tips on fielding the Swiss I would appreciate it.

3 comments:

  1. Those are sweet. Well done Hoff. Need close-ups.

    And I have no tips on fielding Swiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the best painted group of Swiss I have seen well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nicest Perry pike men I've seen

    ReplyDelete